Sido Muncul has always strived to conserve the diversity of Indonesia’s medicinal plants. We take a professional approach to waste treatment in order to maximise utility of materials that we use and eliminate pollution.
We treat wastewater from our production process at a Wastewater Treatment Plant while our domestic wastewater is treated using a bioseptic tank. The treatment allows us to discharge environmentally safe effluents to the local river. Solid waste from the extraction process is processed into organic fertiliser and pellet fuel for boilers. As a result of those efforts, Sido Muncul has become an environmentally friendly company and its factory is surrounded by lush greenery. Companies should have led the major changes yesterday, but everyone can lead small changes today. As the saying goes, “the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second-best time is now.”
Waste Treatment and Management
A jamu factory will always generate waste products that can cause issues if left unchecked. Since Sido Muncul’s raw materials are from nature, the company’s management is right to ensure that company cause no harm to the environment. We also believe that our growth is strictly bound to this fact. To that end, we always process waste products into a blessing from its undesirable disguise. We are highly committed to have the expertise in managing our waste products. The results are satisfactory since our factory is pollution-free and waste products are processed to create added-value.
We have taken the following sustainable measures to contribute to our environmental conservation efforts:
- Constructed a cutting-edge Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Treating liquid waste to meet environmental standards
- Processing solid organic waste products into biomass and wood pellets into a renewable energy source
- Upcycling solid inorganic waste products into handicrafts to help economic empowerment of local communities
- Constructing 51 (fifty-one) infiltration wells and biopores to improve soil absorption of rainwater.