Internal Audit Unit is an independent work unit serves to
conduct internal audit activities in the Company to provide
independent and objective assurance and consultancy
related to risk management and internal control system and
corporate governance implementation in order to enhance
the Company’s operational effectiveness.
Head of Internal Audit Unit is appointed by and reports
directly to President Director. The appointment and
dismissal of Head of Internal Audit Unit must be through
approval of Board of Commissioners and reported to OJK.
Currently, Head of Internal Audit Unit is served by Yulius
Ajie, who was appointed based on the Board of Directors’
Decree No. 001/SM/SK.DIR/VII/2019 dated July 31, 2019
and the Board of Commissioners’ Approval Letter No. 001/
SP-DEKOM/VII/2019 dated 30 July 2019.
Organization of Internal Audit Unit
In the Company’s organizational structure, Internal Audit Unit is under President Director and is led by Head of Internal Audit Unit.
Internal Audit Charter
Internal Audit Unit has an Internal Audit Charter as a guideline
for implementation of its duties. Internal Audit Charter was
issued on June 18, 2013 and was last updated on July 23,
2018. Internal Audit Charter regulates the following matters:
- Structure and Position
- Requirements for internal auditor
- Duties and responsibilities
- Internal Audit Code of Conduct
- Audit report accountability
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of Internal Audit Unit in accordance with Internal Audit Charter are as follows:
- Prepare and conduct annual internal audit plan.
- Test and evaluate the implementation of internal controls and risk management systems in accordance with the Company’s policies;
- Conduct audits and assessments on efficiency in finance, accounting, operations, human resources, information technology and other activities;
- Provide suggestions for improvement and objective information about the activities examined at all management levels;
- Prepare and submit audit reports to President Director and Board of Commissioners;
- Monitor, analyze and report on implementation of the recommended improvements;
- Cooperate with Audit Committee;
- Develop program to evaluate the quality of the internal audit activities;
- Conduct special audit within the scope of internal control assigned by President Director.
Internal Audit Unit Activity Report
In 2021, Internal Audit Unit conducted the following activities:
- Carried out the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Reviewed the effectiveness of the internal control system, risk management system and corporate governance practices, and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s operations.
- Submitted and discussed internal audit reports with the Audit Committee, Board of Directors, and senior management.
- Monitored and ensured proper and timely corrective actions were performed by the management.